Thank you for the great response. Registration for the tasting is now closed. Stay tuned for more events later this year.
Welcome back to Off the Grid! We hope everyone has enjoyed the summer. OTG is back with some new and different experiences to share starting with a wine tasting.
The short story: Great opportunity to taste and learn about fantastic wines from an up-and-coming French winemaker featured in 11 Michelin starred restaurants!
The long story: In 2010, Jack met the estate owner of Chateau d’Or et de Gueules who was in Pittsburgh to introduce her wines to the US market. Jack sat next to Diane de Puymorin through an extended lunch where they discussed Diane’s approach to winemaking in her relatively new Southern Rhone (Costieres de Nimes) estate. Since then we have included (when available) Chateau d’Or et de Gueules wines for a number of Off the Grid events. Fast forward to a 2018 trip through Southern France where we visited the estate, met Diane and tasted the full line of current releases. For a time Diane’s wines became unavailable in the US Market – even though Château d’Or et de Gueules was recently elected to the top 100 Best Wineries in the World by Wine and Spirits magazine – UNTIL NOW!!! Although not available in PLCB stores, the Cleveland-based warehouse operator is permitted to sell directly to consumer – SO we thought it would be fun to coordinate a tasting for our Off the Grid family.
We have selected 3 wines for this event:
- Les Cimels Costieres de Nimes White
- Les Cimels Costieres de Nimes Rose
- Trassegum Costieres de Nimes Red
Joining us for this tasting will be Pierre Marcelin (U.S.A. Brand Ambassador) who will be happy to lead us through a tasting and discuss Chateau d’Or et de Gueules.
- What: Virtual wine tasting – 3 bottles (white, rose, red)
- When: Tuesday, September 14 at 6pm
- Where: Zoom
- Cost: $50 gets you 3 bottles of wine and a fabulous presentation by Jack and Pierre Marcelin (U.S.A. Brand Ambassador)
- Can’t attend: You can still order the wine if you want to taste on your own and Jack will share the slides from the live event.
- Deadline: Reserve by Sunday 9/5 to make sure your wine is here before the tasting.
Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate said of Ch. d’Or et de Gueules
“Proprietor Diane de Puymorin turns out these distinctive wines from Costieres de Nimes, which are all different blends that carry Provencal names nearly impossible for Americans to pronounce. But don’t let that stop you from trying these wines, as they all have loads of character.”