Thank you for your interest – this event is SOLD OUT. Please send an email if you would like to be added to the wait list.
The next in the series of serious tastings created by wine enthusiast Jack Brice.
How many times have your heard some self-important-enthusiast-know-it-all spout comments about “old world” or “new world” wine characteristics? Well – it isn’t THAT complicated… so let’s get together and learn about the beautiful differences!
Join us to learn about “Old-World” and “New-World” wines, with direct comparisons of grape, price and style! This will be a tasty way to learn with food provided by Chef Kate Romane and her crew at e2. Hope you can join us!
- What are the key differences?
- Why does it matter?
- What vintages should we look for?
- What vintages should we run away from?
Here’s our program
THURSDAY, May 8, 2014
(Held at ‘e2’ in Highland Park 5904 Bryant Street Pittsburgh, PA 15206)
6:30 p.m. – A selection of Kate’s famous OMGs with Jean Noel Haton Brut Classic NV (OLD WORLD Champagne)
6:45 p.m. – Introduction and comparison of Old World / New World wines
- Sancerre -Domaine Cherrier Père & Fils Pierre Sancerre ‘Les 7 Hommes’ 2012 (OLD WORLD Sauvignon Blanc)
- Beringer Sauvignon Blanc Napa Valley 2012 (NEW WORLD Sauvignon Blanc)
- Chateau Rollan de By Medoc Bordeaux 2009 (OLD WORLD Red)
- Hall Merlot Napa Valley 2009 (NEW WORLD Red)
7:15 p.m. – Dinner created by Chef Kate Romane