Thank you for your interest – this event is SOLD OUT. Please send an email if you would like to be added to the wait list.
This is a pre-pay event – purchase your $60 tasting/dinner with the link below.
Is it mid-summer? Is it warm? Is the beach calling us?
It WOULD be if we were in Australia!!! Since we aren’t there – let’s get together and fight the cold by celebrating Australia Day with some great Australian wines!!!
This year we will celebrate Oz-Day with a diverse grouping of whites and reds, with Australia’s New World sensibilities informing traditional French styles from Burgundy (Chardonnay) to Bordeaux (Semillon/Sauv Blanc and Cabernet) to the Rhone (Marsanne/Viognier and Syrah). There are some hefty scores associated with these wines (a low of 90 to high of 95), but as usual, I won’t immediately share the scores to allow attendees to judge for themselves.
Hope you can join us!
Here’s our program
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
(Held at ‘e2’ in Highland Park 5904 Bryant Street Pittsburgh, PA 15206)
6:30 p.m. – A selection of Kate’s famous OMGs
6:45 p.m. – Introduction and tasting of five Australian wines
- Cape Mentelle Sauvignon Blanc Semillion 2012 (Margaret River, Australia)
- d’Arenberg Hermit Crab Marsanne Viognier 2011 (McLaren Vale, Australia)
- First Drop Wines Mere et Fils Adelaide Hills Chardonnay 2012 (Adelaide Hills, Australia)
- West Cape Howe Cabernet Sauvignon Book Ends Great Southern 2008 (Great Southern, Australia)
- Clarendon Hills Brookman Syrah 2006 (McLaren Vale, Australia)
7:15 p.m. – Dinner created by Chef Kate Romane